Face Paints FAQ
Recently a client asked us about the safety of face paints. Of course, At Mr Bottle’s Kids Party, we take all concerns seriously as we treat every kid of our clients’ like our very own. There were some articles posted up on the web that does seem somewhat plausible and alarming. Hence, we send our in-house Pharmacist graduate to investigate and below are the summary of her findings:
- All our face paints are manufactured using only ingredients fully compliant with EU & FDA toy and cosmetic regulations, and are non-toxic. They are no different from the comestics you use!
- Our face paints are all water-based, so they’re as easy to get off as they are to put on.
- All our face paints are specially formulated to be friendly to the most delicate skin and are fragrance-free.
- http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/tips.htm This page lists prevention tips to prevent lead exposure and recalled toy products are cautioned against. I am sure if the face paints are dangerous, this would already have prompted the CDC to recall the face paints.
- Most important of all, the sampling and testing methods in the articles were not done scientifically or published with transparency and one wonders at their motivation for initiating this test.
- http://www.snazaroo.us/PDF/faqreply.pdf You can read about a reply from the above mentioned article as well.
- We have a set of guidelines in our company to prevent any contamination of our face paints.
At Mr Bottle’s Kids Party, we care about your kids! (and yes, that client who asked, did book us for face and hand painting!)